From Joe Biden’s candidacy to the continuing fallout from the Mueller report, it’s been a busy week in American politics. Here are some of the biggest stories you might have missed (and some links if you’d like to read further).
Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. announced on Thursday that he would seek the Democratic nomination to challenge President Trump in 2020. He enters the race as an early front-runner.
Weeks before announcing his candidacy, Mr. Biden called Anita Hill to express regret over “what she endured” testifying at Justice Clarence Thomas’s Senate confirmation hearings in 1991. But Ms. Hill said she was not convinced that Mr. Biden truly accepts the harm he caused her.
Perhaps more than any other presidential front-runner in modern history, Mr. Biden begins his bid confronting deep skepticism that he can capture his party’s nomination. But he has strong support. In the first 24 hours of his campaign, Mr. Biden raised .3 million, the most of any 2020 candidate.
• Biden on the Issues: Where He Stands and How He’s Changed
• 5 Questions That Will Determine if Joe Biden Can Succeed
• Joe Biden Called Heather Heyer’s Mother After Campaign Video Debut
An overlooked section of the Mueller report shows President Trump trying to wield the power of law enforcement to target a political rival, Hillary Clinton — a step that no president since Richard Nixon is known to have taken.
The report also revealed how President Vladimir V. Putin’s pursuit of back channels to Mr. Trump spun into high gear after the 2016 election, largely through business people in both countries.
And while the special counsel stopped short of declaring whether Mr. Trump made illegal attempts to impede the investigation, his report is a detailed road map to piecing together obstruction charges.
• Is Obstruction an Impeachable Offense? History Says Yes
• Mueller Witnesses Who Once Served in White House Now Fear Trump’s Ire
• Pelosi Urges Caution on Impeachment as Some Democrats Push to Begin
Florida is set to adopt one of the strictest laws in the nation against so-called sanctuary cities and counties. The legislation would require local law enforcement to cooperate with the federal immigration authorities and penalize officials who fail to do so.
A panel of three federal judges ruled that 34 congressional and state legislative districts in Michigan are unconstitutional partisan gerrymanders. The judges ordered state lawmakers to redraw maps in time for elections in 2020.
The Kansas Supreme Court blocked a law that would have banned the most commonly used procedure for second-trimester abortions, arguing that the state’s Constitution protected abortion rights.
• Russian Hackers Were ‘In a Position’ to Alter Florida Voter Rolls
• Stung by Trump’s Trade Wars, Wisconsin’s Milk Farmers Face Extinction
• Gov. Matt Bevin of Kentucky Is Criticized for Blaming Teacher Strikes for Girl’s Shooting
• The Supreme Court seems poised to allow the Trump administration to add a question on citizenship to the 2020 census. Adding the question could depress participation in the census (about 6.5 million people might not be counted) and affect how congressional seats are allocated.
• In the months before Kirstjen Nielsen was forced to resign, she tried to focus the White House on one of her highest priorities as homeland security secretary: preparing for new and different Russian forms of interference in the 2020 election. But she was told not to bring it up in front of Mr. Trump.
• The F.B.I. director warned anew on Friday about Russia’s continued meddling in American elections, calling it a “significant counterintelligence threat.” He added that Russia’s influence campaign during the 2018 elections was a rehearsal for the presidential race.
• In a speech to the National Rifle Association on Friday, Mr. Trump said that his administration “will never” ratify the Arms Trade Treaty, which seeks to discourage the sale of conventional weapons to countries that do not protect human rights.
• The Trump administration moved to broaden Iran’s economic isolation by announcing it would eliminate waivers that have allowed five large nations to buy Iranian oil.
• Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein attacked the Obama administration, former law enforcement officials and the press in a fiery speech defending his handling of the Russia investigation.
Today’s On Politics briefing was compiled by Isabella Grullón Paz in New York.
Is there anything you think we’re missing? Anything you want to see more of? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.B:
青岛26中特长生招生【罹】【烬】【脸】【色】【黑】【如】【锅】【底】，【虽】【说】【现】【在】【这】【张】【脸】【也】【看】【不】【出】【什】【么】【脸】【色】。 【骆】【青】【离】【轻】【咳】【一】【声】，【敛】【住】【笑】【意】，【道】：“【张】【嘴】。” 【罹】【烬】【转】【过】【头】，【还】【没】【张】【嘴】【就】【被】【硬】【塞】【了】【一】【枚】【丹】【药】，【动】【作】【粗】【暴】【地】【险】【些】【把】【他】【牙】【给】【崩】【了】。 【他】【刚】【想】【发】【火】，【就】【感】【觉】【到】【一】【股】【暖】【流】【流】【遍】【五】【脏】【六】【腑】，【内】【伤】【也】【在】【药】【效】【下】【慢】【慢】【修】【复】。 【罹】【烬】【自】【能】【辨】【别】【这】【丹】【药】【的】【好】【坏】，【人】【修】【在】【炼】
【嗡】！ 【一】【株】【紫】【极】【神】【灵】【芝】【迅】【速】【被】【炼】【化】，【萧】【叶】【原】【本】【四】【分】【五】【裂】【的】【身】【躯】，【在】【神】【光】【闪】【烁】【间】【迅】【速】【重】【塑】，【紫】【光】【蒸】【腾】，【恢】【复】【到】【了】【巅】【峰】【状】【态】。 “【此】【子】【的】【确】【强】【大】，【承】【受】【我】【等】【如】【此】【一】【击】，【竟】【然】【都】【没】【有】【陨】【落】！” 【那】【六】【尊】【中】【位】【涅】【神】【境】【强】【者】【见】【此】，【都】【是】【眼】【神】【一】【凝】。 “【杀】！” 【至】【于】【薛】【容】，【更】【是】【一】【跃】【而】【起】，【没】【有】【任】【何】【废】【话】，【在】【施】【展】【道】【统】【中】
“【造】【化】【神】【君】，【请】【留】【步】。”【五】【行】【宗】【之】【人】【终】【于】【姗】【姗】【来】【迟】。 【白】【寒】【问】【对】【于】【五】【行】【宗】【之】【人】【就】【没】【有】【那】【么】【好】【的】【脸】【色】【了】。 【此】【地】【明】【明】【离】【五】【行】【宗】【并】【不】【远】，【但】【是】【一】【直】【到】【战】【斗】【平】【息】【都】【没】【有】【一】【个】【五】【行】【宗】【的】【元】【婴】【修】【士】【过】【来】【看】【一】【眼】。 “【神】【君】，【还】【请】【见】【谅】，【不】【是】【我】【们】【不】【想】【帮】【忙】，【实】【在】【是】，【五】【行】【宗】【内】【并】【无】【元】【婴】【后】【期】【修】【士】【在】。”【来】【人】【是】【五】【行】【宗】【的】【元】【婴】【长】青岛26中特长生招生“【不】【能】【留】【下】【来】？” “【为】【何】？” 【凶】【兽】【都】【已】【经】【没】【了】，【为】【何】【不】【能】【留】【下】【来】？ “【你】【们】【没】【有】【感】【觉】【到】【吗】？”【蓝】【问】。 “【感】【受】【到】【什】【么】？” “【两】【只】【凶】【兽】【的】【出】【现】，【影】【响】【了】【这】【个】【世】【界】【的】【天】【道】，【崩】【坏】【了】【这】【里】【的】【根】【基】，【这】【里】【已】【经】【不】【适】【合】【修】【士】【呆】【了】。” 【没】【有】【天】【道】，【没】【有】【修】【炼】【的】【根】【基】，【这】【以】【后】【就】【只】【是】【一】【个】【凡】【人】【世】【界】【了】。 “【若】【是】
【想】【到】【这】，【莫】【非】【突】【然】【又】【想】【起】【了】【钱】【的】【事】【情】，【之】【前】【为】【了】【逃】【命】【迫】【不】【得】【已】【将】【战】【利】【品】【丢】【下】，【实】【在】【是】【令】【他】【十】【分】【痛】【心】，【本】【来】【以】【为】【这】【一】【路】【上】【可】【以】【吃】【好】【喝】【好】【享】【受】【好】，【现】【在】【看】【来】【这】【愿】【望】【怕】【是】【破】【灭】【了】。 【虽】【然】【不】【算】【特】【别】【有】【价】【值】【的】【东】【西】，【他】【心】【里】【还】【是】【不】【太】【爽】【快】，【恰】【巧】【看】【到】【前】【方】【奥】【古】【斯】【丁】【的】【背】【影】，【莫】【非】【发】【誓】【怎】【么】【也】【要】【让】【这】【家】【伙】【出】【点】【血】。 【他】【娘】【的】【要】【是】
【百】【年】【贸】【易】【大】【会】，【不】【仅】【仅】【是】【各】【个】【商】【团】、【佣】【兵】、【海】【盗】【等】【解】【决】【冲】【突】【的】【平】【台】，【更】【是】【黑】【市】【与】【黑】【市】【之】【间】【解】【决】【冲】【突】【的】【平】【台】。 【在】【屏】【星】【星】【座】【这】【里】，【大】【大】【小】【小】【的】【黑】【市】【其】【实】【很】【多】。 【像】【春】【晖】【星】、【疯】【魔】【星】【这】【样】【拥】【有】【自】【己】【战】【星】【的】，【属】【于】【大】【型】【黑】【市】。【这】【样】【的】【大】【型】【黑】【市】【也】【有】【十】【几】【个】【之】【多】。 【此】【外】【还】【有】【一】【些】【中】【小】【型】【黑】【市】，【这】【些】【黑】【市】【没】【有】【那】【么】【庞】【大】【的】、